Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 2 Details

This was the first time I took out the 4x5 to do a serious project.
First advice, make sure you are well prepared and equipped!
         Check Check Check that all your equipment is there. Can't turn around to grab whatever you've missed, not enough light. Too much traffic esp. in LA
Second: Make time.
         View cameras are heavy and takes time to focus, so many angles to consider. Plus, you need to scope out the area and find parking. I drove around the block five times and planted my equipment three times before I found the spot and angle I needed for the shot that was required.
Third: Use the bathroom before all this!
        Oh geez, I hit my embarrassing moment of the day when I had to be honest and tell everyone that we need to hold everything because I couldn't hold it anymore. It was horrible but offered a great story to tell later on. Nonetheless, we had to redo everything for a 15 min break.

Also, took photos for SGLA event held at the Villain's Tavern in East LA. Will elaborate on next post. Event shots are so fun.

Today was amazing. I love LA and photojournalism.
Good food, good drinks, and great company. There are always events going on in the city. So stimulated,  it makes you feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment