Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 2.5 SGLA


 

















Johnny, an amazing and charismatic coworker of mine invited me to this event Saturday at Villains Tavern on 3rd St in downtown L.A. A fun and interesting event, always nice to see a group of people coming together for a common interest. Plus, I realize I'm only 3/5 Geek, a little disappointed at myself.

I only brought one type of lens with me tonight because I was already carrying a heavy set of equipment from the previous photoshoot.
I had my 55 mm lens, which was perfect for the low light setting, but it's all manual focus. In events like this when I'm trying to take snapshots of a group of people posing in a dark setting where all I can see are shadows, it would've been so much easier and faster to have autofocus in hand. Plus, it would've made it a little bit less awkward for the people posing because it took me a bit of time to get them focus. But it also gave me a chance to really think fast on my feet.
I only did small editing with the colors, I placed a blue filter so the photos have a very 1890's feel to it to compliment Johnny's attire and the city's atmosphere.

Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment