Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 3 Reflect

While I was waiting for my negative to dry I saw my first photo teacher from my 35 mm film class and caught up with him since the last day we saw each other which was last year and a half ago. I was surprised he remembered me. It was awesome quality time with him. I remembered being so lost two years ago of what I wanted to do with photography and he remembered as well.

After we've caught up, we started discussing about the transition of journalism and the media. I'm so determined to have my generation solve the clutter that our internet, specifically filtering through credible information, is drowning right now. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc are all resources that are utilize in irrelevant manner and there has to be a better system to get all the information vomit organize and not only make credible but also monetary. Because no matter how much I would love to do art for the people, I need to sustain my way of life for at least $50/week and that's not including rent or the other responsibilities  I apparently need to live in a civilized manner. We're in another technological revolution where time, distance, and space is all condensed in a matter of a double click, how are we going to utilize this to relay information that will help one another and create a sense of trust among strangers?

I can't stop talking about photography wherever I go, or art, talking to Barrett brought everything back to perspective again. Also, hung out with some of the men in my class, skateboarding, and sharing ideas about our final project.

Stay motivated, always be creative, always ask yourself why and what for, then create something, anything to translate the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment